WACsmash is a showcase and gallery of dance, film, music, spoken word, photography and other artistic work created and produced by undergraduate students in the World Arts and Cultures/Dance Department. Performing and visual artists within our department will showcase their pieces at our very own Kaufman Hall! Performing arts pieces will be performed in the Dance Theater (Room 200), while visual arts pieces will be exhibited in our gallery in the Rainbow Lounge.
In light of many social justice movements within the past year, we want to provide a space for performing and visual artists to continue to express concepts and themes that resonate with them personally, including but not limited to women’s rights, mental health, Asian lives, and LGTBQ+ stories.
This year, we are so fortunate to be able to perform live in Kaufman! We are also hoping to Livestream the show for audience members who are unable to attend live. We are beyond excited to share the stories of underrepresented communities through the works of UCLA students. See you soon!
- Please have your masks on over your nose and mouth at all times
- We encourage clapping more than shouting
- No food or drink at any times in the building
Screening and Ticket Instructions:
- Arrive early (30-45 minutes) for the screening process in front of Kaufman Hall. Let’s all keep everyone safe and healthy!
- Bring either proof of vaccination (digital or hard copy) or negative test result within 72 hours from show of attendance.
- You will receive a wristband that serves as your ticket into Kaufman Hall. Re-entry into the building requires re-screening. You will not have to show your documents again but you will have to line up to show your wristband.